Investors nowadays have shown interest in other crypto currencies, like XRP and Ethereum, the two second largest cryptos out there.
Crypto currencies have become an important part of the financial world and seem they are here to stay. In this article we will talk about the top 5 cryptos by market capitalisation.
- Bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin is the largest ever crypto currency and its price reached more than $54.000 on March 9, according to Coindesk. This crypto was launched in 2009 and its market capitalisation is a little more than one trillion dollars.
- Ethereum. ETH was trading at $1.837 on March 9. Its market capitalisation is estimated at $211 billion and it was first proposed in 2013, by Vitalik Buterin.
- XRP. This particular crypto currency is very popular among banks and other institutions, with a trade of $0.48 on March 9, also. Its capitalisation is 48 billion dollars and it was first created in 2012 by Ripple Labs, a blockchain company.
- Stellar. The co founder of Ripple Labs, Jed McCaleb created the Stellar in 2014. Its market capitalisation is valued at 44.7 billion dollars and it reached a trade of $0.42 on March 9.
- Tether. Tether was originally called Realcoin, and was launched back in 2014. It was trading at $1 on March 9, according to Coindesk and is the largest stablecoin, with a capitalisation of $36.7 billion.
Browse our site and find more information of how crypto currencies are used for gambling purposes.